It’s January and I got some new ‘ish coming your way! This month, I am showcasing my Top 10 Favorites for Travel. My list is in no particular order and will highlight some of my favorite products!
It’s time for my first vacation of the year and my first international trip. As I prepare for my trip, I noticed there are certain items I can’t travel without for entertainment or self care! You can never go wrong with travel goodies! Let’s be honest… long flights can be daunting and flat-out boring, but with these items, my excursion will be a success!
My Top 10 Favorite Items for Travel:
- Black, Leather Bookbag with Gold Studs: I am a sucker for a cute bag, but every bag doesn’t make the cut! My travel bag has to fit a certain criteria! It must have zippers, compartments, and be durable for indoor and outdoor use! I prefer it to be medium-sized, black, leather and have a cotton or silk interior.
- MacBook Pro: Whether I’m traveling for business or leisure, my laptop is not too far behind. It’s good for streaming movies, music and research! When I travel, I like to look up activities and catch up on work. Before boarding my flight, I make sure it is charged and ready to use.
- Fleece Throw Blanket: I like to travel with a piece of home to make me feel relaxed and comfortable. I’m always cold and sometimes my comfy, cute outfit doesn’t keep me warm. My favorite throw blanket is soft, thick and perfect for travel. It can fit in my carry-on bag or suitcase, but I prefer to have it accessible at all times.
- The A-List: R&B: Music is not only my favorite escape, but an essential part of traveling long distances. My go-to playlist has to include upbeat tempos and feel good music. I like R&B, Rap, Classical and Pop music, but I will listen to anything that sounds good. Sometimes, I make my own playlist or select ready-made playlist on iTunes. My favorite iTunes playlist is The A-List: R&B and It’s Lit!
- Eccolo Notebook & Pentel Liquid Gel Pen: I love to write, but that’s a no brainer! My mind is always running a mile a minute, so I must write things down when they come to mind or I will forget. If you like to journal and you are traveling by plane like myself, this will definitely help pass the time and can be very soothing.
- You are a Badass by Jen Sincero: Finding time to read for leisure is pretty hard for me because there are other things I enjoy more and it’s not so high on my to-do list. I read to escape to imaginary places or for informational purposes on a daily basis. So during my time of travel, I find it pleasurable to kick back and read a good book. My go-to books have to be drama-filled, inspirational or suspenseful.
- “Face Shit” by Deep Routage: I’m a woman and being prepared for anything is very important. In my cute toiletry-statement bag, I carry lip gloss, hand-sanitizer, lotion, baby wipes, tooth brush and paste, Kleenox, tampons, facial cleansing wipes, Advil, & Claritin. I carry these items in my purse, daily! It’s a must I travel with these gems to keep me fresh during travel.
- Fenty PUMA by Rihanna Fur Slides: The airport has strict regulations and the security check-point is a story for another day, but you have to follow the rules. Travel involves a lot of walking and remove just about everything for security purposes. Tennis shoes are a hassle to because I can’t get them on and off quick enough. I love my slides; they are cute, fashionable and easy to remove. They are super comfy and I wear them often!
- Lays, Welch’s Fruit Snacks & Quaker Chewy Granola Bars: You will always find snacks in my bag during any trip! Whether we make a pit stop or meals are provided, I will still bring my own to munch on in between time. I am always hungry, so chips, fruit snacks, and granola bars are my all time favorite snacks to pack! They are inexpensive, nonparrishable and easy to store. You can easily share with family and friends without having to spend extra money.
- Conversation Starter Cards: Traveling long distances with friends, family or your companion can be exciting, but you can easily run out of things to talk about or do. To change it up and add a little excitement, I always bring along conversation cards to help the awkward silence or to further long the conversation. It’s fun, enlightening and I get a real kick out of the responses. It gives you the opportunity to learn more about each other and sparks interesting conversations!
Cheers to more travel in 2018! I’m sure as I travel more and go to different places, my Top 10 Favorites list will change and grow. In the comments below, tell me your favorite travel products! Until next time, like, comment, share and SUBSCRIBE, so you won’t miss next month’s Top 10 Favorites!