Super Bowl LII is quickly approaching! Many are planning parties with family and friends to gather, drink, eat and watch the game! At least that’s my plan! No team to root for this year, but I am looking forward to seeing whose hitting the stage at half time! But, I have a slight confession – I am more excited about the tasty snacks and appetizers! Let’s be real – I’m a foodie! Your girl loves to eat!
I thoroughly love throwing down in my kitchen! Cooking different dishes and remixing the recipe a bit to give it that personal touch is so much fun! This is a spin off from the infamous Rotel Dip! This dish is sure to add spice, flavor and a kick to any party or gathering! Need Super Bowl Party food ideas? Well, this recipe is just for you!
This appetizer is inexpensive, super easy, and takes about 30 minutes to make. It serves about 15 to 20 people and definitely a party favorite. This recipe is beginner friendly for all my first time cookers. Grab a pen and paper to make your grocery list; it’s time to cook!
Groceries & Ingredients:
- 3-5 Skinless Chicken Breast (Steak or Shrimp)
- 1 Box of Jumbo Shells
- 1 Velveeta Cheese (16 oz)
- 2 Cans of Rotel Medium Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 2 cans of Chicken Broth
- Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- Jalapeños (option)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 White Onion
- Sour Cream
- Cupcake paper holders
- Muffin Baking Pan
- Cut chicken into squares and season
- Cut Velveeta Cheese into small squares
- Cut jalapeños, bell pepper and onions in small pieces
- Bring 2 cans of chicken broth to a bowl, then place chicken in and reduce heat to Medium. Cook until well done.
- Next, bring water to a boil and drop a few teaspoons of Extra Olive Virgin Oil or Margin. This will prevent your shells from being sticky. Cook for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- While the chicken and noodles are bowling, you can start melting down your Velveeta Cheese. I prefer to melt mine via the stove, but you may melt using the microwave.
- This is optional, but you may chop up your jalapeños fine or chopped and put to the side.
- Now, grab your cupcake cups and place in the muffin pan.
- Using the pot that we melted the cheese in, combine your chicken, diced tomatoes and green chilies, jalapeños, bell peppers and onions. Mix it all very well.
- Drain your jumbo shells and stuff the cheesy chicken mix in the shell.
- After stuffing shells, place in a cupcake holder and sprinkle the Mexican blend cheese on top of each stuffed shell.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake shells for 7 to 10 minutes on the highest oven shelf.
- Top each shell with sour cream, jalapeños and chives, but this is optional!
Time to ENJOY! Your guest will fall in love with this dish after one bite! So cheesy, a little spicy and full of flavor! I hope you liked my first appetizer recipe post! Let me know if you want more recipes from me! I would love to try different dishes and share with you! What is your favorite Super Bowl snack or appetizer? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time, you know what to do – comment, like, follow, and share with a friend or two!